Archive for March, 2015

06
Mar
15

RSViewerPage.aspx Controls not Rendering

Are you seeing something like this while attempting to render a report in SSRS in SharePoint 2013…or perhaps any version of SharePoint with integrated SSRS?

image

Try this.

Edit the web.config for the SharePoint site in which SSRS is installed.  C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\Portal-80, for example.

In the web.config, find the <handlers> section within the <system.webServer> section and add the following:

<add name=”ReportViewerWebPart” verb=”*” path=”Reserved.ReportViewerWebPart.axd” type=”Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts.WebPartHttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91″ />

image

Reload the page and voila’!  You’ll at least get some errors you can deal with.

image

Now, on to the next problem…

01
Mar
15

Visio Internal Error #3400 Action 2011

The dreaded “internal error!”  What to do?  What was I trying to do?  Simple.

I was attempting to connect a Visio diagram to a SharePoint list.  I’ve done it before a million times…but not in the last year or so.  Soooo….

I fire up Visio Premium 2010 and attempt to connect to a simple list in SharePoint 2013 and am met with the error:

Visio internal error: #3400 Action 2011:  Link Data to Shape

…or some such nonsense.  An then it proceeds to tell me to restart Visio or some such nonsense.  But I try it anyway, but it doesn’t help.

So I start Google-ing (or Bing-ing) and find others with the issue.  Some dribble about needing Premium vs. Professional, required data missing in SharePoint and other babble.  Nope, not even a restart of the old tried and trusted Windows 7 would change things.  So I tried my Windows 8.1 machine with Visio 2013.  Worked the first time.

I decided to “repair” my 2010 version of Visio, since I tend to have all sorts of mixes of version of stuff on my computer and repair Microsoft Office fairly regularly.  So, off to Programs and Features to find the Visio entry.  Fired up a repair and it asked me, fairly forcefully I may say, to finish by rebooting my computer.  So I did.

Long story short…I fired up Visio, made my connection to the same list I’d been using and BAM!  It worked like it was supposed to.

Now on to bigger and better things.

Keywords:

SharePoint Foundation, Visio repair, Fix found




Asif Rehmani’s SharePoint Videos

SharePoint-Videos

Click to access a wealth of SharePoint videos

SharePoint Rx

SharePoint Rx Home

Categories

Posts by Date

March 2015
M T W T F S S
« Feb   Oct »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
Support Wikipedia